Saturday, July 25, 2009

HERE'S WHAT'S NEW...IT'S BEEN A WHILE!

I guess LIFE has kept me from tapping out a posting each day...for those who are followers, I am so sorry! I have posted a couple of times today, so that things are somewhat caught up...




My parents gave Dyke an outdoor shower for his birthday! I really think it will come in handy with the way he and the boys show up at the house after a day of fishing or being on the river or at the pond...They just don't realize that Red River mud-caked clothing can't just be thrown into my expensive washer with the rest of the daily laundry...SHEESH!

It's really quite amazing - it's solar heated, but there's a knob that allows you to create the water temperature the way you want it! I tried it - as a real shower - but I'm not posting pictures! Ever since I lived in a tent for 2 years in Maryland, I have wanted to have an outdoor shower to "bring back the good ol' days"! I would love Dyke to make it more permanent - with an enclosure of somekind, so that I can use it more often. It's not the neighbors I am concerned with - they're over a mile away...It's haying season and there are a lot of farmers out there in the fields and on the roads... you can see my need for an enclosure!




YES SON...IT'S AN ILLEGAL WEAPON!

DURING JAKE'S LUNCH BREAKS AT THE RANCH, HE AND HIS BUDDY WORKED SEVERAL DAYS TO FASHION A POTATO GUN OUT OF SOME PVC PIPE, AND AN OLD IGNITER MECHANISM FROM A GRILL. HOW PROUD HE WAS TO BRING IT HOME TO SHOW OFF...DESPITE HIS PARENTS ORDERS...(it was kinda cool though!)


STEP 1: LOAD A POTATO INTO THE BARREL AND USE A BROOM HANDLE TO RAM IT TO THE END OF THE TUBE (very similar to a black powder rifle)


STEP 2: HAVE A COHORT SPRAY HAIRSPRAY INTO THE END OF THE CHAMBER, WHILE YOU COUNT TO 3. QUICKLY CLOSE THE CHAMBER AND SEAL IT WITH THE END CAP.



STEP 3: RAISE IT AT AN ANGLE, POINTING IT INTO A PLOWED FIELD OR SOME OTHER SAFE DIRECTION. (be sure to prepare for the "kick")



STEP 4: SQUEEZE THE IGNITER TRIGER AND WHOOOOOOOMMMMMM - OFF THE POTATO FLIES WITH A LOUD, CANNON-LIKE THUD~!



LUCKILY, HIS "LAW ENFORCEMENT FATHER" SUCCESSFULLY IMPRESSED UPON HIM THAT THE POTATO GUN WAS NO LONGER ALLOWED TO BE ON THE PREMISES...SO IT NOW PRESIDES AT HIS BUDDIE'S HOUSE...STILL ILLEGAL TO POSSESS!



OUR VERY BEST FRIENDS FROM THE COAST CAME UP FOR A "TOO-SHORT" VISIT! WE MISS THEM SO DANG MUCH...IT WAS SO WONDERFUL TO RECONNECT WITH THEM AND IT WAS DIFFICULT TO SEE THEM DRIVE OUT THE DRIVEWAY!
AWWWWWW....




THE PUPPIES ARE GROWING LIKE CRAZY! THEY'RE READY TO FIND NEW HOMES. THEY HAVE AMAZING BLOODLINES AND WE'VE ADVERTISED IN PAPERS AND ON WEBSITES...KNOW ANYONE WHO WOULD GIVE A WONDERFUL, LOVING HOME TO A BEAUTIFUL, WELL-BRED BLACK LAB PUP??

HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY RESIST THAT FACE??


THEY'RE LIKE TODLERS...INTO EVERYTHING!





CHOW TIME!!!






...TUG OF WAR WITH THE TRAINING DUMMY...





OH...I JUST ADORE THE WATER!

No comments: