Friday, February 4, 2011

DAY 4 - NO SCHOOL AGAIN!!!

The View From My Bed








Nanook from the North!

I can't believe we don't have school AGAIN!!!4 days off? I don't think this has ever happened at VISD!!! Now it's Friday and we have the weekend tacked on as well! A big WOO-HOO!!!!

It's been basically the same routine - wake up, put coffee on, bundle up, feed & break ice, then come inside, start the fire, spend time in my daily Devotional and God's Word, surf the web, and hang out until the evening feed. WONDERFUL CHANGE, yesterday: Nancy and I went over to Stephani's for lunch! The roads were extremely icy and I had to stay in 4WD the entire way to town. What usually takes 15-20 minutes, took almost 40 minutes! Stephani had made hot Philly cheesesteak sandwiches, which were out-of-this-world! We had fun visiting, laughing and marveling at how crazy the weather had been. As we started to watch a movie, it flashed across the screen that Vernon ISD was closed on Friday as well!
Not long after our celebration about Friday's closing, my phone rang and Dyke said that we had a busted pipe by the barn and that I had to bring some plumbing supplies...great...So, our little adventurous jaunt to town came to an end. I was glad that Dyke knew how to fix it, or we'd be without water until someone could get out there to repair it.
Supper Menu: Venison Stew and Homemade Bread

No comments: