Saturday, March 6, 2010

TURQUOISE COWGIRL

In an attempt to drum up some more business, Zack (youngest son) and I had a little photo shoot after school one day. This awesome, trashed "turquoise" pick up sits on the adjacent property that we lease for the cattle, so we thought that would be a perfect background...of course, visions of a photo shoot for the eclectic western glossy magazine Cowboys & Indians, was definitely what we were going for that day...HA!!! In my wildest dreams!!!!!! If I didn't have such a "chin sack"...if I didn't like cold beer...If I could grow my hair, like "normal" gals...if, if if!!!!



NICE TURQUOISE BELT-BUCKLE RING...EH? Thanks, Ebay!



NEW CREATIONS!





Jacket - Double D Ranchwear
Jeans - Cowgirl Tuff Bronco
Pearl-Snap Shirt - King Ranch
Rhinestone Belt -Barbed Wire N' Roses
Jewelry - Turquoise Cowgirl








Of course, Rosa, my "first" bottle calf, had to pose with me!






When the "shoot" was finished, Zack resumed his rabbit hunting...barefoot among the cotton stubble, with the dogs. He fashioned a sling, of sorts, out of 3 separate socks, filled with rocks and tied to some army parachute cording. As they're slung with a violent force, the weighted socks are supossed to trip up the rabbit allowing Zack to approach at a fast pace and apprehend "the hunted"...that day proved unsuccessful, but as with all things, Zack will perfect and practice, practice and perfect this "art" and reach his goal of running down a wild jackrabbit...I'll keep you posted.




THIS WEEK'S CRISIS: Jake was home from school, sick with sinus junk, fever, and aches. I met him at the doctor's office during my lunch break and he was administered 3 different shots - antibiotic, steriod and something else...immediately, he passed plumb out and went into convulsions... IT WAS HORRIFIC! We NEVER knew that he was allergic to penicillin-type medicine. After a shot of epinepheran, the whirlwind of rushing nurses and the doctor slowed and Jake came out of it...Have you ever witnessed an allergic reaction with someone? You'll never want to again, I promise - especially if it's someone you know and love, like your own child...MAN!

Jake stayed home for the rest of the week, recovering and is doing better, but it sure took a lot out of him - all he's been doing is sleeping and laying around.



I went out to feed the cows one night as dark set in. As I poured the range cubes over the hotwire, the cows were in a frenzy to get around me. I don't know how it happened, but with one turn of his head, Sloppy Joe (the biggest longhorn steer) turned his head, catching the side of my head with his horn and cold-clocked me right into the grass! As I lay there, I could hear the cows fighting and trying to get at the cubes, because I had dropped the feed sack just out of their reach. No one knew where I was or even came looking for me! After a while, I got to my knees and realized that the cows had forced the hotwire out of the insulator, so I tried to quickly get to the barn to pull the plug on the electricity. I got the fence fixed, finished feeding and by that time, Zack stood on the porch and called me to supper. The side of my head was killing me and I felt like puking! Yee-haw...I sat in the chair with an ice sack on my head and then decided that I was probably going to make it, so I went to bed...Ah, another day done!

On Friday, Zack had his first track meet ever and he did great! He won the discus, placed 2nd in the shotput (by one width of the shot), got 2nd for his mile relay, and won the 400m! It was freezing cold and the meet went from 3:30 pm until 9:45pm!!!!! Even though our blood was nearly congealed, we cheered his team on! We were so proud of him!



OH, SPRING....GET HERE FAST!!! Forget what that stupid groundhog says!

YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH TURQUOISE!



3 comments:

Carancahua Creek said...

You are BEAUTIFUL! When I get my venture up and runnin' I'd love for you to model my cheeses - OOOOOOH - I can name my bleu cheese "Turquoise Bleu" after you! Great pictures! We're glad Jake is doing better!

MEME said...

PRETTY PICTURES OF A REAL COWGIRL!I LOVE THAT YOU REALLY LIVE THE LIFE!MY HEROS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN COWBOYS!AND COWGIRLS!!

Anonymous said...

Landed on your site via Pinterest.
You sure have good taste in clothing and jewelry!

KSinFL