I GUESS I SHOULDN'T BE SURPRISED...WHEN ZACK GOES OUT TO DO CHORES, HE ALWAYS SEEMS TO BRING HOME A TREASURE! (MY CATS DO THE SAME THING WITH RATS!)
IF THE COWS HADN'T GOTTEN OUT AND ZACK HADN'T GONE TO PUT THEM IN, THIS LIL' FELLER WOULD BE ON HIS WAY TO THE NEXT FARM BY NOW! ZACK JUST COULDN'T RESIST!
YUP, CHASED 'EM DOWN (It did lay down and play 'possum' - so the catching part wasn't very difficult...it's the mouthful of teeth that was a little intimidating...)AND GRABBED HIM BY THE SCALY TAIL AND BROUGHT HIM TO SHOW HIS MAMA! (You might be a redneck if.....)
8 'POSSUM FACTS THAT YOU ARE DYING TO KNOW:
1. North America's only marsupial (female with a pouch) mammal.
2. One of the shortest lifespans of that sized mammal.
3. After the babies spend 2-3 months in the "marsupium" (the pouch) (Hmmmm...I have something like that after 2 C-sections!) then, they spend 1-2 months riding on the mama's back while away from the den. (I guess I'm glad I'm a human afterall..1-2 months on MY back??)
4. The only mammal that has 50 teeth!
5. Mostly solitary and nocturnal and hiss when they're disturbed...(Hmmmm....sounds like Dyke!)
6. Omniverous - eats most anything (Hmmm...sounds like Dyke, again!) - from insects to berries and snakes to grass...
7. Very gifted with physical attributes...(Hmmm...I think that's what attracted me to Dyke in the first place....)
8. Can be destructive pests...(If you have possum problems in Oklahoma, you can call the "Skunk Whisperer" and he will rid them from your property with a humane, non-trapping technique...it's true...go ahead....google the Skunk Whisperer...there are pictures to prove it!)